REGISTER NOW for our 5th Annual Conference!
Representatives from Alaska agencies, schools, businesses and institutions will meet in Anchorage March 6 and 7 for the “65 by 2025 Alaska Can – Looking Ahead” conference. The conference focus and goal is to unite cross-sector professionals in increasing the number of Alaskans enrolling and succeeding in postsecondary education. Participant takeaways will include practical skills to overcome common obstacles, new and strengthened partnerships, lessons from stories of success, and identification of opportunities for program alignment.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
We are excited to announce an incredible slate of keynote speakers!
Tammi Oyadomari-Chun, Director of Academic Programs, University of Hawaii Community College Systems
Claudia Lampman, Vice Provost for Student Success, University of Alaska Anchorage
Valerie Davidson, former Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Health & Social Services
Du Aani Kawdinook Xh’unei (Lance Twitchell), Artist & Associate Professor, University of Alaska Southeast
Confirmed EdTalk Hosts:
New this year – EdTalks! Confirmed Hosts:
Alyse Galvin, Great Alaska Schools
Theresa Arevqaq John, UAF Center for Cross-Cultural Studies
Michael Kaplan, Alaska Pacific University
Information on becoming a Sponsor: Sponsorship Form
2018 Conference Presentations:
- Yatibaey Evans: “Real Relationships – Real Positivity“
- Dan Robinson: “65 by 2025 – A Means to an End“
- Alaska Can! Southeast and Interior Regional Action Plans – McDowell Group, LLC and Interior/Southeast Regional Steering Committee Chairs
- Personal Learning Plans-An Educational Structure for Alaska’s Learners – Susan Nedza (BRHS in LKSD)
- School – So What? – Kenny Daher and Jane Beck (Project GRAD Kenai Peninsula)
- Backpack to Briefcase – Connecting Capabilities to Competencies – Molly Orheim, Courtney Petrosky, and Danica Bryant (UAA Career Exploration & Services)
- Home School Support Network – Anna Gagne-Hawes (UAF), Jennifer Tilbury (UAF CTC), and Ryan Tilbury (Raven)
- Registration Events – Anna Gagne-Hawes (UAF) and Joni Simpson (FNSBSD)
WORKING SESSION NOTES: